SandSFun4All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Zero Tolerance Forum ~ No Bullying Allowed!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Myths of the World: The Heart of Desolation

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

freyasmom

freyasmom
Administrator
Administrator

Myths of the World:  The Heart of Desolation

Based on both the SE and CE demos.

The storyline for this addition to the "Myths" series is very unique.  It grabbed my interest from the very beginning when the narrator says "Only the greatest myths last through the ages.  This myth is from an ancient land and forged in fire".Myths of the World:  The Heart of Desolation Smug

The graphics are so very well done.  The colors are spot on and there was no over-use of the colored crayons.  The music was very oriental ... fluid and melodic.  I enjoyed listening to it during the demoMyths of the World:  The Heart of Desolation Music  The voice overs were also extremely well done.  Although I wonder why MY character never really spoke.Myths of the World:  The Heart of Desolation Confused  Lots of reading here.

There are 4 levels of difficulty:  Casual, Expert, Insane and Custom (where you can change many gaming options).  You can choose how much of a tutorial you want - none, fully or specific to new items in the game.

There is no journal but the map LOOKS like a journal. Myths of the World:  The Heart of Desolation Thinking I found this to be very annoying because when I clicked on it, it literally FLEW up into the air and opened with rippling sheets!! Myths of the World:  The Heart of Desolation Scared i truly thought it WAS a journal with a map inside.  Nope.  Myths of the World:  The Heart of Desolation Straight-faceThe map shows where you are and where objectives need to be finished.  You CANNOT go back to an area unless a new objective is there.  It shows only one objective at a timeMyths of the World:  The Heart of Desolation Sad .... which I think is too much handholding.  No thought required.  You also have a golden heart which recharges when you play a DIFFERENT type of mini game .... NOT the regular mini games.

The "hint" button is a stargazer lily.  Myths of the World:  The Heart of Desolation Big-grinMyths of the World:  The Heart of Desolation RainbowMyths of the World:  The Heart of Desolation FlowerI HAVE to mention that because it's one of my fav flowers so ..... really ..... this game had me at the "hint" button. LOLOLOL!!!!!Myths of the World:  The Heart of Desolation Laughing

The HOGS (hidden object games) were fun interactive lists and silhouettes.  There is an alternate Mahjong game if you prefer that.  In the CE version, the Morphing Objects are found in the HOGs.

The Mini Games - OM!Gosh!!!!Myths of the World:  The Heart of Desolation Laughing and WOWOWOW!!!!! Myths of the World:  The Heart of Desolation Laughing Talk about new .... innovative ..... fresh ideas!  Myths of the World:  The Heart of Desolation WinThey run the gamut of nice and easy to time and patience Myths of the World:  The Heart of Desolation Sacred(of which I have none - lol).Myths of the World:  The Heart of Desolation Big-grin

CE Bling:  

The CE extras were hard to get a handle on because everything "is unlocked after the main game" or  "Bonus game" "is completed".  The usual fare of wallpapers, music, strategy guide, etc., etc.  In addition:

*  Souvenir Room - unlocks after you finish the Main Game.
*  42 Collectible Bamboo Strips - NOT easily found.  There is a tiny bamboo strip near the "hint" button.  When you find the bamboo strip in the area you are playing, it lights up.
*  Golden Heart  puzzles - unlocks after you finish the Main Game. ????
*  17 Morphing Objects - found in the HOGs.  When you find one of these a banner comes down from the top of the page and lets you know it's been found.

Anytime there are collectibles and morphing objects I will lean towards purchasing the CE.  Myths of the World:  The Heart of Desolation SmileAdd a great storyline and I lean MORE towards that purchase. Myths of the World:  The Heart of Desolation Big-grin Add dragons and a stargazer lily "hint' button ..... and there's just no hope for  me.Myths of the World:  The Heart of Desolation LaughingMyths of the World:  The Heart of Desolation RainbowMyths of the World:  The Heart of Desolation Stars  I am off to purchase the game.  It is so very entertaining and, while there is a lot to do in each area, everything you do is very game specific so you don't get lost in the "doing" and miss the story completely.

I recommend this for all levels of difficulty.  It's truly an entertaining game all around with lots of CE extras.

Enjoy! Myths of the World:  The Heart of Desolation Smile

Overall Impression:  Don't pass on this one.

https://sandsfun4all.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum