SandSFun4All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Zero Tolerance Forum ~ No Bullying Allowed!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shrouded Tales: Revenge of Shadows

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Shrouded Tales:  Revenge of Shadows Empty Shrouded Tales: Revenge of Shadows Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:56 pm

freyasmom

freyasmom
Administrator
Administrator

Shrouded Tales:  Revenge of Shadows

Based on both the CE and SE demos.

Graphics were very well done.  Sound fx and music were turned down so I can't comment on those.  Voice Overs were very disappointing.  Not only did separate people sound the same but there was NO lip syncing.  Seriously???

Casual, Advanced and Expert difficulties.

You don't have a journal/diary but don't despair, there is a LOT of stuff you do have.  For example, a transportable map, an amulet that contains 5 spells you use during the game play,  task list, interchangeable 'Inventory' and 'Objects' lists for use during HOGs and the list goes on.

HOGs varied from FRAGS (fragmented items make up 1 complete item) and interactive lists.  The list types were pretty awesome because, for some items, you switch between your 'Inventory" and "Objects" (HOG list) to find an item.  You can also use the spells on your amulet in HOGs.

Mini Games were ok.  IMO, there are more HOGs than Mini Games.

CE Bling consists of the usual fare and a bonus game/strategy guide.  No collectibles or Morphing Objects that I was aware of.

The lack of lip syncing drove me a bit crazy - lol.  Also, there was just sooooooooooooooo much going on:  find this, fix that, get this, use a spell on that.  IMO, this caused a severe lack of flow in  the game play.  Instead of enjoying the game and story, there was always something to do.  Quite dizzying actually.

While I would recommend this for any level of expertise, this will not be a purchase for me in either an SE or CE version.  It's just too ..... busy.  For all others .............................

ENJOY! smile1

https://sandsfun4all.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum