SandSFun4All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Zero Tolerance Forum ~ No Bullying Allowed!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Danse Macabre: Thin Ice

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Danse Macabre:  Thin Ice Empty Danse Macabre: Thin Ice Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:17 pm

freyasmom

freyasmom
Administrator
Administrator

Danse Macabre:  Thin Ice

Based on the beta, CE and SE demos

An ice scuplture, no matter how stunningly beautiful and admired, can also be ...... destroyed.  The star of the ice rink show is in danger.  She is being stalked but, realistically, what can you do???

The graphics are .... ok.  I HAVE seen other games where the graphics were so realistic ..... it could almost be "real life".  Yes .... THAT lifelike.  The music was ok, not annoying.  I didn't have to turn it down.  Sound fx were very well-done too.  The voice overs were, for the most part, very believable.  There was ONE character that really could have been tweaked a bit to sound appropriately realistic and not so .... squeaky (?).  

There are 4 modes of difficulty:  Casual, Challenging, Expert and Custom.  The tutorial offered you choices of NO tutorial, Special Features only or Full tutorial.

The HOGs (hidden object games) varied from VERY interactive lists to silhouettes and word games and more .  Never anything dull and boring .... because then I wouldn't have played them and opted for the Alternate Match 3 game smile1 .    A lot of the M/Gs I came across required patience sacred1 (yes, yes, we all know .... I have none big-grin ) and took a bit of time to complete. 

Besides a map (shows where you are and where available objectives are - I like that it shows MORE than 1 available objective area at a  time), there is an Evidence Board.  The Board holds pictures of the key characters in the game, with a mini-bio and "Objectives" and "Messages" tabs.  The "Messages" were NOT really messages but pieces of paper, notes, etc. you find during the game play.

CE Bling:

LOTS of the usual stuff.  In fact, I don't think there was anything missing ... if you had a check list of what you wanted in a CE game.  Replayable Match 3 games, music, videos of the Devs (love this), music, and lots more.

*   42 collectible snow globes.  Really, you can't miss them as some were ginormous! 

*   14 Morphing Objects - found in the HOGs only.

*   Souvenirs.  There is an Achievement for 'finding all the souvenirs' but I never found out what, exactly, the souvenirs were.  Did I have to find them?  Were they the Morphing Objects?  I wish this had been explained.

I think the story line was .... ok ..... not brilliant.  This modern "whodunnit" sends obvious signals that the "obvious" does NOT lead you to the obvious culprit. silly   HAH!  laughing1 I would recommend it to all levels of expertise.

Unfortuntely, this is NOT a purchase for me.  I got bored very easily.  The 'ultra-modern' scenes hurt my eyes a bit - ouch! scared1   I never felt 'connected' to the game play.  Nor did I get my personal 'wow' factor at the end of the demo.

Still and all, let's drop into this winter wonderland and see if you can find ...... whodunnit!

Enjoy!   smile1

Overall Impression:  Very 'posh-modernistic' scenes/furniture, etc. which isn't to my taste and so threw me off the game play.  Lots of CE Bling so I would say it's a good buy as a CE. 

https://sandsfun4all.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum