SandSFun4All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Zero Tolerance Forum ~ No Bullying Allowed!

You are not connected. Please login or register

PuppetShow: The Price of Immortality

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PuppetShow:  The Price of Immortality Empty PuppetShow: The Price of Immortality Thu May 21, 2015 6:46 pm

freyasmom

freyasmom
Administrator
Administrator

PuppetShow:  The Price of Immortality

Based on both the SE and CE demos.

Normally I don't purchase the "PuppetShow" series.  I think I have the one before this ..... but THIS.............. um straight-face ...... WOW!!!!! laughing1

The storyline is very well done .... it hooks you in right from the very beginning.  smug From the creepy narrator telling us how people don't appreciate the older things in life .... like puppets, to your character getting a "cry-for-help" letter scared1 from his/her bestie .... Enrique.

The reason I denote "his/her" above is because when you set up your profile ..... you get to choose between a male or female character big-grin AND there are 3 different characters to choose from big-grin - how COOL is THAT!!!!! happy dance2

The graphics are very well done.  Maybe TOO well done!?!?!?   cheering Definitely a game with a bit of a creep value.  :face: The voice overs were beyond excellent.  Somehow, this Dev was able to make a tiny doll's voice sound either innocent or devilish.  sacred1 devil1 The music is spot on.  Sound fx couldn't get any better.

There are 4 difficulty modes:  Casual, Advanced, Hard and Custom.

You are equipped with a rather unusual map.  straight-face It shows all the customary "I'm here.  Here's an open task, etc."  I found it a bit tricky to maneuver nerd ... but that was just me.  There is a "task" tab .... just in case you forget ...... but no journal/diary.  There is a helper ..... smile1 a VERY lovely doll/puppet who cannot only go into small places but dark places as well.  Pretty darn handy. winking2

CE Bling:

The usual wallpapers, music, etc.  I did not see a reference to a Strategy Guide OR a Bonus Game smug .... but I DID read 2 reviews.  One referenced both the Bonus Game AND the Strategy Guide while the other mentioned the Bonus Game was a necessary evil ....... because THAT'S where the game actually ended.  straight-face When I read that, I was a little perturbed because I felt obligated to purchase the CE.  loser Who wants to play an unfinished game?  crying1 But, to my great surprise, when I played the SE demo, I missed all the extra dolls I found in the CE!  big-grin Go figure. smile1

So, in the CE there are also:

*  11 dolls to locate throughout the game.  I read elsewhere we can upgrade them.
*   Tokens/coins to find throughout the game.  I read that these are used to upgrade the found dolls/puppets.
*   A Doll House.  You got it! lightbulb2   That's where our dolls go to live. big-grin

As mentioned above, I played both the SE and the CE demos.  I DEFINITELY got my personal "wow" factor when the SE ended.  scared1 The "WHAT?????  scared1 I want MORE!  scared1 I HAVE to buy it NOW!" scared1 factor. lol.  Also, I played the SE AFTER the CE and I missed all the little doll features in the CE which really surprised me. crying2

I recommend this for all levels of difficulty.  In case you haven't figured it out., this is a DEFINITE purchase for me. winking2   Come with me to the Theatre of Emotions ................. if you dare!

ENJOY!
  smile1

https://sandsfun4all.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum