SandSFun4All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Zero Tolerance Forum ~ No Bullying Allowed!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mahjong Detective: The Stolen Love

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mahjong Detective:  The Stolen Love Empty Mahjong Detective: The Stolen Love Tue May 12, 2015 2:42 pm

freyasmom

freyasmom
Administrator
Administrator

Mahjong Detective:  The Stolen Love

First, let me say ...... I LOVE love a good Mahjong game and own a few from the BFG site.  LOVE for this game is not even in the scope of my vocabulary.  And I don't mean for a good reason. loser

The storyline was ..... borderline ridiculous.  silly Your character, a bride, is left standing alone at the alter as her groom is a no-show and the guests slowly leave.  scared1 You immediately call "foul play" scared1 and go ..................... to a private investigator. confused2

The graphics were ok.  Nothing above and beyond.  The game playing area was a good size, the cursor didn't cause any problems, you could change the tile sets and, overall, everything was ..... ok.  The music was a mash between a lilting Oriental and ...... something I couldn't recognize ..... but it wasn't a really great sound.

The gist of the game is NOT just to play Mahjong in the "usual" fashion, but to play it as a hi/low solitaire game!  Your goal is to get 3 stars for getting "x" number of coins .... twice .... and then completing the level/hand.  Doing this gets you more coins which you will need to get all 3 gold stars for a successful level/hand.  So, you start out with, say, a pair of 2s, then another pair of 2s .... or up it to 3s, then 4s then back to 3s ..... but keep the train going as long as possible (up to 15 in a row, that's the max).  Playing the game like this takes a lot of time because you have to closely look over the game board to find matches to make a train as long as possible.  You CAN play the usual game of Mahjong .... just playing pairs as long as possible with the goal to empty the game board but you won't earn as many coins .... and coins means .... gold stars!  You can also go back and replay a level.

You have the opportunity to purchase bonuses in the shop.

That's it.  That's the game in a nutshell.  I would not recommend it for beginners or those who like the "just keep pairing tiles til you clear the board" type of Mahjong.  I consider myself an "intermediate" and had to take it v-e-r-y slowly.  I hated that.  angry1

The story really discontinued after your character went to the P.I.  thinking1 She pops up to give you hints/tips on the game play but does nothing else. confused2

This game lacked entertainment value.  It had a story that just ...... ended...... and the game play was extremely onerous.  I couldn't' wait for the demo to end.  I  love my Mahjong games to have a story or some background AND to relax while I'm playing.  This game has very little relaxation or story continuation to it.  Therefore, it will not be a purchase for me.

If you find that you like this game ..........

Enjoy! smile1

Overall:  "gag"

https://sandsfun4all.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum