SandSFun4All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Zero Tolerance Forum ~ No Bullying Allowed!

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'M WRITING MY OWN NOVEL!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I'M WRITING MY OWN NOVEL! Empty Re: I'M WRITING MY OWN NOVEL! Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:59 pm

kate the tookat

kate the tookat

I like the basic synopsis.....I will be happy to beta for you when you have the book finished.

I can cope with rewrites, just not with plot gaps.....especially the final denouement :albino: .

2I'M WRITING MY OWN NOVEL! Empty Re: I'M WRITING MY OWN NOVEL! Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:56 am

Catbag8717

kate the tookat wrote:Catbag, I am greatly excited for you.....
alas, I won't be reading much because several of my friends write and I finally said "No more betas.....finish the boo, and then Maybe I will read it!"
That is because I have read, over eight really, really great books....and one film script and none of them ever got finished, so I don't know what happened.  
However, I will give you all the encouragement you could want.....and suggestions for if you get stuck (it works the same for visual artists)

Whoa, I am glad this site has auto correct....because I also am having a terrible time with my vision.  I have got to find a good eye doctor and get tested for glaucoma......and other possible scary stuff....including whether Lupus can attack the eyes.
I have hardly been playing games lately.  affraid
and you can see how often I am not at a certain other forum sunny

Oh, I do intend to finish it. I've been working hard at it for over a year now; no way is this project going down the drain! I'm up to my fourth rewrite now. :P
It will definitely be finished, be it another year, two years, or even ten! Watch this space.

3I'M WRITING MY OWN NOVEL! Empty Re: I'M WRITING MY OWN NOVEL! Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:24 pm

kate the tookat

kate the tookat

Catbag, I am greatly excited for you.....
alas, I won't be reading much because several of my friends write and I finally said "No more betas.....finish the boo, and then Maybe I will read it!"
That is because I have read, over eight really, really great books....and one film script and none of them ever got finished, so I don't know what happened.
However, I will give you all the encouragement you could want.....and suggestions for if you get stuck (it works the same for visual artists)

Whoa, I am glad this site has auto correct....because I also am having a terrible time with my vision. I have got to find a good eye doctor and get tested for glaucoma......and other possible scary stuff....including whether Lupus can attack the eyes.
I have hardly been playing games lately. affraid
and you can see how often I am not at a certain other forum sunny

4I'M WRITING MY OWN NOVEL! Empty Re: I'M WRITING MY OWN NOVEL! Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:23 am

sunshinej

Hello Catbag...Good luck with writing your novel. I like your excerpt and like freyasmom said it left me wanting to read on some more.

5I'M WRITING MY OWN NOVEL! Empty Re: I'M WRITING MY OWN NOVEL! Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:13 am

freyasmom

freyasmom
Administrator
Administrator

SUPERB READING!   It dd exactly what it's meant to ..... leave me wanting...... MORE!

Yes ... someday .... we'll all be able to say: "I knew him when ,,,,," Very Happy

https://sandsfun4all.forumotion.com

6I'M WRITING MY OWN NOVEL! Empty Re: I'M WRITING MY OWN NOVEL! Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:11 am

Catbag8717

freyasmom wrote:I would ABSOLUTELY read it!   Very Happy Any chance of getting an excerpt on here?  We can always say "we knew him when" when you're big and famous! bounce   Don't forget us!  Very Happy  

Haha, I highly doubt I'll be famous, but I'm definitely looking to get it published. As for the excerpt, paranoia is creeping in, but here's the opening of the first chapter (town name removed due to paranoia)

"It was an ordinary night for ordinary citizens of an ordinary small town.
The bells in the clock tower chimed their familiar tune, signaling to the people of (name) that it was eight thirty PM. A half-moon lit up the night sky as the townspeople went about their Friday routines. The men were watching football and getting drunk at the local pub while the wives stayed home, probably watching one of those horrible Rom-Com movies. The youths of the town were either getting ready for bed or playing computer games, depending on their age. It was the life of a quiet, peaceful little British town, and it was all they had ever known. Not one person in (name)'s entire 1000-strong population had any reason to suspect that the serenity would be shattered."

7I'M WRITING MY OWN NOVEL! Empty Re: I'M WRITING MY OWN NOVEL! Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:11 am

freyasmom

freyasmom
Administrator
Administrator

I would ABSOLUTELY read it!   Very Happy Any chance of getting an excerpt on here?  We can always say "we knew him when" when you're big and famous! bounce   Don't forget us!  Very Happy  

https://sandsfun4all.forumotion.com

8I'M WRITING MY OWN NOVEL! Empty I'M WRITING MY OWN NOVEL! Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:46 am

Catbag8717

Hi there everyone!
Yes, I am writing my OWN novel! I've been at it for a year and it's nowhere near done yet. :P
I'm on rewrite number 4, and am up to Chapter 17. Smile I have no idea how many chapters there will be.

It's basically a mystery/tragicomedy set in the UK- Liverpool specifically (although I might change it)- centering around the lives of a small town. Basically, a woman is murdered and the main character's best friend is arrested for it. When the police refuse to reopen the case, she sets out to put things right herself.

What do you guys think?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum