SandSFun4All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Zero Tolerance Forum ~ No Bullying Allowed!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Labyrinths of the World: Forbidden Muse

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Labyrinths of the World: Forbidden Muse Empty Labyrinths of the World: Forbidden Muse Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:10 pm

steve_san

steve_san

Most Linear Labyrinth in the World: Forbidden Snooze

Setting: you are an investigator trying to solve a case in order to join an unnamed organization. The case is the loss of artistic talents in an unnamed European city because Calliope's essence has been split into three parts and scattered.

The quality of artwork is very high, the style is extremely colorful, but at least some pink seems to be present in every scene. The voices are well acted and there is actual lip-synching to the dialog. There is a simplistic transportable map.

Difficulty settings (they could have skipped this part, but more on that later) are the usual three plus Custom. Sparkles and map indicators can be turned off.

There are a few gadgets. During the trial you'll use a "magic palette" gadget, and there are two more you'll obtain later on in the game. There is also a helper in the form of a harlequin. Her tasks are linked to the outfit you'll find for her shortly before using.

Game play is some of the easiest I have seen this year. I was flying through the trial. I had 46 minutes left including time spent investigating the extra content for this review. Some of the HOS are silhouette, others are riddles. All are easy. Strategy guide? Should not be needed. Puzzles are also very simple. The most difficult one in the trial was a number puzzle in which the two sides had to have an equal total. For you Match-Three fans, there is that option.

CE extras are a Boudoir which can be decorated (collect olive branches) and coins collected to enhance the player interface. Bonus Level, strategy guide and what I consider pseudo extras like wallpaper. There is also a gallery of 14 images to collect.

None of the above extras appealed to this reviewer. In fact, very little in this game appealed to this reviewer. The play is very linear. The harlequin and her waving I could have done without. The puzzles are simple. The HOS are simple. The story is not very complicated either. At best, I could see this appealing to beginners bounce or inexperienced players just dipping their feet in the pond. Oh, and players who like to decorate boudoirs, whomever they may be.

Two love love

coffee2

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum