SandSFun4All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Zero Tolerance Forum ~ No Bullying Allowed!

You are not connected. Please login or register

What does the uneducated Witch read for fun?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What does the uneducated Witch read for fun? Empty Your book reviews - kate the tookat Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:44 pm

freyasmom

freyasmom
Administrator
Administrator

Absolutely love your book reviews.  May even read one of them ..... which would be going "out of the box" for me. Very Happy   Keep them coming! cheers

https://sandsfun4all.forumotion.com

kate the tookat

kate the tookat

Another book read and about to be sent back to the library.

The Stockholm Octavo
by Karen Engelman

Takes place in the era of the French revolution and the events leading up to the Assassination attempt on King Gustav of Sweden. This Historical novel blends Cartomancy and the vision a seer has for a young man about town who found a sinecure in the Customs Office, and has the dual avocations of being an avid card player and observer of mankind.
He starts out a rather shallow young man, with few friends and no family and discovers a powerful and compelling enemy, and a 'family' of friends to cherish for their carefully drawn characters.

Not so much of a 'who done it?' as a "will it work and who will survive?"
all drawn against a rich backdrop of a scintillating Stockholm, the Venice of the North and a sister to Paris.

kate the tookat

kate the tookat

I just finished reading another book that I absolutely loved.....
Mr Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore
by Robin Sloan
I fell totally in love with the bookstore, Ajax Penumbra, the "book within a book" that is the protagonists favorite all time read, a trilogy named The Dragon Song Chronicles and I hope Mr Sloan writes the trilogy someday, even if it is meant to appeal to nerdy 6th graders.....I am still one.

The book details the search for why Mr Penumbra's Bookstore has certain strange clientele who take out books from the WayBack List as if from a library and why the clerks need to keep a logbook of how these people are looking, acting as well as what they take out.
The story involves the high tech world (possibly all made up as much as the DS Chronicles, a bunch of people who work at Google, a Secret Society, a made up computer software company whose fame is on modeling the perfect boob to be used in computer games.....and its CEO who is the best friend of the protagonist, and how they, (a rogue, a kindly old wizard, a scholarly dwarf and a warrior) go on a quest to find the truth, utilizing the gifts of friends, internet contacts (who says we cannot be wonderful friends) and people they meet on the way.....in a series of laocations I wish I could visit.

4What does the uneducated Witch read for fun? Empty This Witch hasn't read a book for years! Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:17 pm

Daxadillion

Daxadillion

Hi Kate the Tookat

I am intrigued by your description of this novel and I think I am going to buy it. I must admit that I haven't read a book for many, many years, nor have I watched any TV for about 5/6 years. I do read the news daily though but that's about it.

I will let you know what I think of it once I have read it.

Susie

kate the tookat

kate the tookat

Season of the Witch by Natasha Mostert
a very interesting novel, I have not yet finished. that invites you to
Enter a world of beauty and darkness

and it does just that, a Computer Hacker and Remote Viewer is asked by a gentleman to look for his missing son.
he is joined in the plea by his younger wife, also a remote viewer who was in college with our Hero (?) Gabriel.
Who are the real villains of the piece Gabriel who inserts himself into the loves of two sisters, or the sisters themselves....and have they, or one of them, really committed murder?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum